Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekly update

Old-Man-Winter is finally trying to show his face.  We had a bit of snow this morning, but it's almost all gone now.  More is predicted for the weekend.  It looks like it will be a white Christmas! :)

We started watching our Christmas movies this week....I think we have enough now to watch 2 or 3 a week until Christmas.  While watching the movies, I have been hand quilting my "Indigo Stars".  I also have one or two small projects yet to complete for gift giving, but it looks do-able.

Since I don't think I will be able to finish the "12 Days of Christmas" quilt for Melissa (daughter #2), I ordered her a large mug, suitable for coffee, tea, hot chocolate or even lunch time soup, with a collage of all the blocks in the quilt on it.  It arrived yesterday and she was over the moon.

Peter is out of town at the annual "Water Buffalo" dinner with 'the boys' - so I am on my own for an evening.  I helped my friend Pat, set up for the Busy Hands Craft Sale at Miss Lily's Cafe.  It looks good and I wish everyone lots of success and sales!

Well, off to sew a bit, then have a glass of wine and a hot bubble bath before bed...the occasional night on my own is nice too! 

TTFN


Connie




No comments:

Post a Comment